Entropy

Clayton Milos clay at milos.co.za
Tue Oct 31 07:32:12 UTC 2006

Hi Doug

Thanks a ton for your help.

I found the issue was the following line in my /etc/rc.conf

syslogd_flags="-l /var/run/log -l /var/named/var/run/log -b 196.x.x.x -a
196.x.x.x:`*`"

I changed it to: syslogd_flags="-l /var/run/log -l /var/named/var/run/log -b
196.x.x.x -a 196.x.x.x:*"

Obviously it was the `*` that was causing the problem with it trying to
execute the * every time something was refrencing the file. I found it in
some howto a while ago and didn't see the connection until you pointed it
out made me think.

Thanks again

Clay