Standrat way to apply custom patches. WAS [Re: Pleading for commit]

Stefan Lambrev stefan.lambrev at sun-fish.com
Fri Oct 27 07:39:49 UTC 2006

Hello,

While talking about custom patches, what's the best way to apply patches
after every cvsup.

In my case I'm using custom patches for bktr and network driver nfe from
HEAD.
As freebsd 6.2 is coming soon and there is work in progress on nfsmb
and I would like to test those new features/drivers I cvsup very often
and sometimes I forget to apply my custom patches :)
The good thing is that all my patches are in kernel sources so
pre-compiling kernel
after patch solve the problem, but it is nasty when I do this remotely
and forget
to compile nfe driver ;)

I saw few other distributions that have a directory with custom patches
that are applied
before compilation. What's the FreeBSD way in this direction ? :)

--
Best Wishes,
Stefan Lambrev