When will the new BCE driver in HEAD be incorporated into RELENG_6?

Josh Paetzel josh at tcbug.org
Thu Oct 26 03:30:12 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 25 October 2006 19:24, Scott Long wrote:
> Sam Baskinger wrote:
> > Bill Moran wrote:
> >
> > [snip]

> >> I'm seeing similar improvement.  I've been testing the new
> >> version since I came in this morning (About 2.5 hours so far),
> >> with no failures.
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> > Adding to the excitement, our band of attack squirrels haven't
> > been able to bring down our 2950 yet with this one. We are using
> > the if_bce.c from the HEAD w/ a small chunk about vlans commented
> > out (for any wondering).
> >
> > We're trying outbound UDP_STREAM tests w/ netperf of big and
> > small payloads to a machine on the same 100Mb switch. Nothing
> > fancy, but what we could once crash in seconds now hangs tough
> > till the end of the test.
> >

> > Sam
>
> Excellent.  RELENG_6 was updated with the changes a few days ago.
>
> Scott

I tried putting 6.1-R on a PE1950 some time ago and the bce NIC
wouldn't work at all.  The driver version striing was 0.9.5.  I found
a newer version 0.9.6 on the web and that has been working just fine
for me under pretty heavy loads.  Is this new driver you're talking
about different than the newer version I found on the web?

--
Thanks,

Josh Paetzel