partioning failed

Freek Nossin freeknossin at planet.nl
Wed Oct 25 22:39:22 UTC 2006

Finally I got things working!

First I tried several other IDE cables, which did not help.

Then I tried Carl's advice and bought a 80-connector cable. And amazingly
enough... It worked!

But I wonder, why is FreeBSD so picky about it? My previous Windows
installation did not itch a bit. And should this not be documented anywhere
(or should have, because SATA is the standard nowadays)?

Thanks!

Freek