Running large DB's on FreeBSD

Bucky Jordan bjordan at lumeta.com
Wed Oct 25 20:26:56 UTC 2006

You may find this article interesting:
http://tweakers.net/reviews/638/4

The whole MySQL vs. PostgreSQL discussion can be very lively and
interesting, however I sort of doubt the bsd-stable list is the place.
You might want to ask specific questions on the relevant MySQL and
PostgreSQL discussion lists to assist you with your decision.

I've been a long time user of Postgres, and having to use MySQL on a
recent project just reaffirmed that preference, but that's just my 2
cents.

- Bucky

PostgreSQL