Ensuring inetd is started before any RPC services

Christopher Sean Hilton chris at vindaloo.com
Wed Oct 25 19:45:36 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-10-17 at 10:19 -0500, Brooks Davis wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 05:14:22PM +0200, Trond Endrest?l wrote:

This seemed familiar to me so I looked through the PRs that I filed and
found: bin/94920. In my case the problem was rpc.statd stealing port 63
before cups could start. This was annoying both to nfs clients who
didn't realize that statd was forceably moved and to anyone who wanted
to print. I'm sure that this can't get into 6.2 RELEASE but I wonder if
there needs to be some way to tell rpc services to avoid certain tcp
ports during initialization.

-- Chris