Gmirror question

Tom Judge tom at tomjudge.com
Wed Oct 25 11:48:39 UTC 2006

Guido van Rooij wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 11:34:25AM +0100, Tom Judge wrote:
>
>> Guido van Rooij wrote:

>>> This only documents how to set it up on an entire disk or on a slice.
>>>
>>> -Guido
>>>
>> The instructions for mirroring a slice can be modified slightly (by
>> using the correct devices) to do mirror a single partition.
>>

> Please tell me then how these modified instructions look.
> I still do not know how to reserve the last sector of the partition.
> I can create 1-sector holes using bsdlabel, but I'm not sure this
> would be the way to go...
>
> -Guido

Please read Patricks reply to your earlier post re reserving blocks.

--SNIP--

You don't need to.

If your bsdlabel partition is N sectors in size, the gmirror
object will have size N - 1. Newfs will not be able to write
to that last sector. You newfs the finished mirror device,

--SNIP--

Tom
not the individual partitions.