Gmirror question

Patrick M. Hausen hausen at punkt.de
Wed Oct 25 10:48:32 UTC 2006

Hi!

On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 12:39:05PM +0200, Guido van Rooij wrote:

> > # gmirror label -v -b split -s 2048 data da0s1a da1s1a da2s1a
> >
> > It's been a while since I last used this; but I believe it will work.
>
> The problem is that gmirror stores its label in the last sector of the
> partition. I do not know how to reserve that space with newfs.

You don't need to.

If your bsdlabel partition is N sectors in size, the gmirror
object will have size N - 1. Newfs will not be able to write
to that last sector. You newfs the finished mirror device,
not the individual partitions.

HTH,
Patrick
--
punkt.de GmbH         Internet - Dienstleistungen - Beratung
Vorholzstr. 25        Tel. 0721 9109 -0 Fax: -100