cpu usage

Bob Willcox bob at immure.com
Mon Oct 23 19:41:41 UTC 2006

On Mon, Oct 23, 2006 at 08:39:58PM +0200, gareth wrote:
[snip]

> On Mon 2006-10-23 (18:57), Roland Smith wrote:
> > Forgot the thermal paste between the CPU and the fan?
> > Overclocked the CPU?
>
> nope ;) i built this machine 3 years ago i think, whenever the 2600+'s
> came out. it's only been giving trouble in the past few months.

I've had machines that have been in service for several years start to
overheat due to dust accumulation in the CPU cooler fins. If you haven't
already done so, you might want to check for that.

Bob

--
Bob Willcox                       Possessions increase to fill the space
bob at immure.com                    available for their storage.