cpu usage

Tore Lund toreld at netscape.net
Mon Oct 23 19:14:42 UTC 2006

gareth wrote:

> On Mon 2006-10-23 (18:57), Roland Smith wrote:
>> Forgot the thermal paste between the CPU and the fan?
>> Overclocked the CPU?
>
> nope ;) i built this machine 3 years ago i think, whenever the 2600+'s
> came out. it's only been giving trouble in the past few months.

I have an XP 2200 in a normal ATX box with no extra fans.  I have to
change thermal paste about once a year.  Even so, I monitor the
temperature closely in the summertime and increase fan speed whenever
necessary.  So there is a chance that your cooler simply needs fresh
thermal paste after 3 years.
--
    Tore