Do anyone has any problem with sem_open() crash?

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Mon Oct 23 01:40:21 UTC 2006

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 20:30:40 -0500, Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org>
wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 22, 2006 at 08:09:30PM -0500, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>> Hello folks,
>>
>> Last night, I have upgraded from July RELENG_6 to last night. I have
>> reinstalled all of ports and I noticed that the log/messages is
>> collecting
>> a few of 'pid 14699 (conftest), uid 0: exited on signal 12 (core
>> dumped)'.
>> I dig in the configure and found a location of crash. It is from
>> sem_open(). I don't get that before I upgraded the RELENG_6.
>>
>> http://people.freebsd.org/~mezz/test-sem_open.cc (took from configure's
>> conftest)
>
> That's "bad system call" - probably you don't have SYSVSEM support
> enabled.

I have not change kernel config for a very long time. I have these enabled:

options 	SYSVSHM			# SYSV-style shared memory
options 	SYSVMSG			# SYSV-style message queues
options 	SYSVSEM			# SYSV-style semaphores

More: http://people.freebsd.org/~mezz/OUTLAWS

As for the /boot/loader.conf:

kern.maxfiles="25000"
linux_load="YES"
nvidia_load="YES"

Cheers,
Mezz

> Kris

FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)
http://wiki.freebsd.org/multimedia  -  multimedia at FreeBSD.org