em network issues

Mikhail Teterin mi+kde at aldan.algebra.com
Sat Oct 21 17:00:32 UTC 2006

= I'd appreciate if people who are observing the problem will report
= whether adding DEVICE_POLLING option to kernel config helps them
= or not. This will help to tell whether the problem is in the above
= quote or in the import of new versions from vendor.

I tried this yesterday -- before writing to net at . I saw the "system" component
of the total load being rather high and then enabled polling.

Again, I did not wait long enough to check, whether the system will cease
communicating completely before enabling polling on em, but the "system" load
was shooting way up upon starting my backup procedure even when I switched to
DEVICE_POLLING-using kernel.

	-mi