6.2-PRE /boot/loader

Norbert Augenstein norbert at augenstein.net
Wed Oct 18 15:30:56 UTC 2006

On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 06:55:39PM +0200, Norbert Augenstein wrote:
>     Hi list,
>     i have just updated to 6.2-PRERELEASE and GRUB is unable to use
>     the new /boot/loader. Ending in an endless loop rebooting after
>     selecting FreeBSD.
>     As a workaround it was possible to chainload FreeBSD.
>     Further investigation shows that /boot/loader.old is woking.
>
>     So what can cause the new loader to fail?
>     I have not set CFLAGS / CPUTYPE in /etc/make.conf
>
>     No other problems , em device is working fine here:)

    Hi list, me again

    after updating my pc (RELENG_6) last night and everything went
    fine i updated my laptop as well. Unfortunately my laptop ran into
    this constantly rebooting problem caused by the new
    /boot/loader. And again, /boot/loader.old works fine on my
    laptop.

    Moreover, while booting i get the following message:

    sysctl: unknown oid 'net.inet6.ip6.auto_linklocal'

    due to missing inet6 support in my kernel.

    regards,
    --> auge

--
 5:00PM  up 72 days, 17:04, 0 users, load averages: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00