linux-flashplugin dependency on linux-base ( was: flash7/firefox plugin no longer registers)

Iulian M eti at erata.net
Wed Oct 18 14:29:42 UTC 2006

Hi

On Wednesday 18 October 2006 17:01, Oliver Fromme wrote:
> If you use linux-flashlugin with www/linuxpluginwrapper,
> then you don't need the linux emulation at all (neither
> linux-base nor the kernel module).
>
> However, if you use linux-flashplugin natively (with a
> linux browser), then both are required.

Yes, but the linux-flashplugin does NOT require linux-base, if you use it with
a linux browser then the linux browser will require linux-base and the kernel
module. So, keeping in mind that linux-base is no small port, i would suggest
removing the dependency on linux-base from linux-flashplugin .

Iulian M.
http://www.erata.net
--
I like your game but we have to change the rules.