flash7/firefox plugin no longer registers

Iulian M eti at erata.net
Tue Oct 17 08:32:23 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 17 October 2006 02:43, Duane Whitty wrote:
<snip>
> >    I use native seamonkey-1.0.5 + linuxpluginwrapper-20051113_6 +
> > linux-flashplugin-7.0r68, and this "toolchain" worked for simple
> > flash content under RELENG_6 as of 2006.10.09, and continues to
> > work under fresh RELENG_6 (2006.10.16). However, the following looks
> > non-standard (it doesn't match corresponding section from

<snip>

The plugin works fine now, but i still have one more question regarding flash
player. Does the linux-flashplugin7 port really require linux-base ? I don't
relay like the idea of installing linux-base and the linux kernel module, and
I've installed linuxpluginwrapper , I've tryed to manually extract the
libflashplayer.so and flashplayer.xpt , place them
in /usr/local/lib/firefox/plugins , make the required settings
to /etc/libmap.conf ... and what do i see ... it's working. So is it really
necessary the dependency on linux-base ?

Commenting out USE_LINUX=yes in the port's Makefile does the job, and the
plugin keeps working fine. If it's required could it be a OPTION ? ( i don't
like the idea of installing files that are not managed by a port either )

Iulian M.
http://www.erata.net

--
Cruickshank's Law of Committees:
	If a committee is allowed to discuss a bad idea long enough, it