flash7/firefox plugin no longer registers

Dmitry Pryanishnikov dmitry at atlantis.dp.ua
Mon Oct 16 12:10:47 UTC 2006

Hello!

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006, Duane Whitty wrote:
> Has anyone else lost their flash7 plugin in firefox on 6-STABLE?

    I use native seamonkey-1.0.5 + linuxpluginwrapper-20051113_6 +
linux-flashplugin-7.0r68, and this "toolchain" worked for simple
flash content under RELENG_6 as of 2006.10.09, and continues to
work under fresh RELENG_6 (2006.10.16). However, the following looks
non-standard (it doesn't match corresponding section from

/usr/local/share/examples/linuxpluginwrapper/libmap.conf-FreeBSD6

) in your configuration:

> Here is my current etc/libmap.conf which I updated after upgrading to the
> most
> recent firefox
>
> # [ALPHA SUPPORT] Flash7 with Mozilla
> [/usr/local/lib/browser_plugins/libflashplayer.so]

   Are you sure that file location should point at symlink instead of the real
file? My setup works correctly when I specify _real_ .so path here:

[/usr/local/lib/npapi/linux-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so]

and doesn't work when I specify symlink:

[/usr/X11R6/lib/browser_linux_plugins/libflashplayer.so]

In the latter case, flash plug-in shows fine under Help -> About Plug-ins, but
fails during Flash content display:

LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
  /usr/local/lib/npapi/linux-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so [Shared object
  "libpthread.so.0" not found, required by "libflashplayer.so"]

Generally, it helps _a lot_ to start the browser from xterm's command line
in this situations - you'll see all error and warning messages then.

Sincerely, Dmitry
--
Atlantis ISP, System Administrator
e-mail:  dmitry at atlantis.dp.ua