Machine hangs when loading snd_emu10k1

Mark Kane mark at mkproductions.org
Sun Oct 15 21:49:27 UTC 2006

On Sun, Oct 15, 2006, at 12:38:58 +0200, Joel Dahl wrote:
> So, loading snd_emu10k1 worked before the last rebuild?  Could you
> perhaps do a binary search and try to narrow it down to a specific
> commit?

On September 21, I rebuilt world/kernel and did the normal update
procedure. The module loaded fine that time after rebooting with the
new build. Then on October 5 after the 6.2-BETA2 announcement, I
cvsupped/rebuilt, but never installed kernel or world. So when I
rebooted a couple days ago, I was actually booting into the version
from September 21, and that reboot from Friday is when the problem
started. I'm not sure why it didn't happen after the initial boot from
updating back on September 21 though.

So in other words, I was running RELENG_6 from September 21 and after
rebooting on October 13 without changing or updating anything, the
problem of hanging indefinitely when loading snd_emu10k1 started. I know
it sounds weird that it would start happening after the second boot
since updating and not on the first boot with the new world/kernel, but
I'm very sure I didn't update anything in the time between the reboots
(Sept 21 - Oct 13).

Could you describe more about what you want me to do? I'd be glad to
help however I can to track the problem down, but I don't really know
what to look for as far as commits go, and I'm not sure the date of my
cvsup/rebuild before Sept 21 so I wouldn't know how far back to look
either.

Thanks

-Mark

--
Internet Radio:
Party107 (Trance/Electronic) - http://www.party107.com

IRC:
MIXXnet IRC Network - irc.mixxnet.net (Nick: MIXX941)