[netops] Re: bce issues still outstanding

Yi-Hua Edward Yang yeyang at ISI.EDU
Fri Oct 13 07:48:30 UTC 2006

Brian A. Seklecki wrote:
> Mmmm, the 5787.  Such is the way of ordering high end Dell workstations
> tested only with RHEL3 and Windows XP.
>
> ~BAS

Actually the Dell Precision 390 has 5754, not 5787, but the driver
recognized it wrongly. Also, FreeBSD 6.1 does not panic because
driver change/inclusion happens after it, as shown in CVS.

I reported this problem twice since last month. Glad to know that
it is being worked on. Thanks.

Edward