carp0 interface goes down on 6.2-PRERELEASE

Ari Suutari ari at suutari.iki.fi
Fri Oct 13 05:41:08 UTC 2006

Hi,

Vivek Khera wrote:

> On Oct 12, 2006, at 1:20 PM, Marko Lerota wrote:
>
>> I think the interface didn't get sync from other carp interface,
>> so it doesn't know that he is the MASTER or BACKUP, and because
>> of that goes into the INIT state.
>
> Shouldn't it then move to MASTER since the other server could possibly
> be dead?

	It doesn't do anything and I assume that it is because the
	interface goes down by itself. If I manually up it (via ifconfig carp0 up)
	it first goes BACKUP and after a while it goes MASTER. After that
	also traffic to that IP works.

	I started examining this because the carp0 didn't come up during
	boot.

	Ari S.