carp0 interface goes down on 6.2-PRERELEASE

Marko Lerota mlerota at iskon.hr
Thu Oct 12 22:54:00 UTC 2006

Marko Lerota <mlerota at iskon.hr> writes:

>> Shouldn't it then move to MASTER since the other server could
>> possibly be dead?
>
> Yes, but if interface had _never_ received any pfsync packet,
> and sysctl is set to net.inet.carp.preempt=0 ?
> Maybe it's because of that. Don't know really. Documentation for
> this is not so good. Someone who knows this code and how this really
> works, should write handbook like documentation. Clusters are
> always complex, and for that, docs should be *very* detailed.
> If someone does that, I'll buy him a beer.

I meant:
Maybe first they have to talk to each other and say:
"OK, I will be the master first, and you wait. And if I don't send
you any more sync packets, then you should be in charge :)"

If they didn't agree on that, and don't know about each other, that
should be the INIT state. Thats the only reasonable thing that I could
think of, because there is no such INIT state in documentation !!!!@#!@#!@

--
One cannot sell the earth upon which the people walk
                               			Tacunka Witco