Another whirl with FreeBSD

Eric heli at mikestammer.com
Tue Oct 10 20:47:26 UTC 2006

michael graffam wrote:
> Hi, my name is Michael and I'm and Open Source addict.
>

> Enough with the re-introductions, I guess.
> Essentially, I'd like to hear any opinions regarding
> the 64 bit and 32 bit FreeBSD ports. NDIS support is
> fine on both?
>
> My machine is a Compaq Presario V2000 series, in case
> someone has the same, or similar.

i heard its better to run the i386 version of BSD on 64 bit machines due
to the overhead, etc. unless you need what the 64 bit version gives you
(addressing more memory, etc). It will work fine (I run both versions),
but i am sure more can be turned up by a quick search of the mailing
list etc.

Eric