6.1-RELEASE with Xorg crashes when using Radeon driver on ThinkPad T41p

phc pcasidy at casidy.com
Sun Oct 8 17:55:03 UTC 2006

Petr Holub wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> since 6.1-RELEASE, I'm facing the following problem on my ThinkPad
> T41p with ATI FireGL Mobility T2: when using the radeon driver with the
>
> (II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/radeon_drv.so
> (II) RADEON(0): Acceleration enabled

Hello Petr,

If you are facing the problem I am thinking about, you have to set in
your xorg.conf file something like :
option "noaccel" "true"
(sorry I do not have it at hand to confirm)

This problem is not related to FreeBSD as I can reproduce it under Linux
too.
The problem is with the radeon driver, I submitted a report to xorg
about 3 years ago.

I hope that helps you anyway.

Phil.