HEADS UP: FreeBSD 5.3, 5.4, 6.0 EoLs coming soon

Bruce A. Mah bmah at freebsd.org
Thu Oct 5 17:03:05 PDT 2006

If memory serves me right, Philippe Pegon wrote:

> In June 2006, I opened a PR (kern/98622) about a regression on CARP
> with IPv6 addresses: CARP is not usable with IPv6. Since I tracked
> down the culprit commit (see appropriate info in the PR), I can
> affirm that this regression appeared before the 6.1-RELEASE.

bz@ has just recently (a couple of hours ago) updated kern/98622 with a
possible fix.  It'd be really useful if you (or anyone else experiencing
this problem) could try this out and give him some feedback.

(I know that you, Philippe, know all this already, but I wanted to get
the information out to a wider audience.)

Cheers,

Bruce.