Is jemalloc going to make its way into RELENG_6?

Vlad GALU dudu at dudu.ro
Thu Oct 5 11:27:37 UTC 2006

     Judging from my tests (allocating numerous small objects, then
freeing the memory) it looks like the bottleneck is in free(). I've
built a different libc library with the malloc.c and tree.h taken from
HEAD and it now behaves nicely. I haven't seen any bad side effects on
this machine (it's the lappie I do most of my work on, I run KDE,
seamonkey, mplayer, openoffice, the like) since I switched to the new
libc. Another nice solution would be to ship the modified libc in base
so the people who really need jemalloc can relink to it via
libmap.conf.

--
If it's there, and you can see it, it's real.
If it's not there, and you can see it, it's virtual.