945GM graphics and mplayer

Ganbold ganbold at micom.mng.net
Wed Oct 4 19:40:17 PDT 2006

Marcus Alves Grando wrote:
> Eric Anholt wrote:
>> On Mon, 2006-10-02 at 13:25 +0800, Ganbold wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have strange problem with my Dell Latitude D620 laptop which has
>>> 945GM chipset and onboard graphic card.
>>> I'm using September 30th RELENG_6.
>>>
>>> If I use acpi_video only, mplayer can only use "sdl" video output
>>> for full screen playing.
>>> If I use mnag at FreeBSD.org's i945 graphics support patch without
>>> using acpi_video, mplayer can use other video outputs for full
>>> screen playing but my mouse works in strange way, mouse pointer
>>> doesn't move, or moves very very slowly. I can see mouse goes over
>>> gnome applets (highlights) but I don't see pointer itself is moving.
>>> If I use mnag's patch and acpi_video together mplayer can use only
>>> "sdl" for full screen playing.
>>
>> OK, I think in reading your email, I'll substitute "having acpi_video"
>> with "not having AGP loaded."  If you have acpi_video on RELENG_6, that
>> prevents your AGP from loading afaik.
>>
>> So, if you have AGP loaded, you get a broken cursor, but playing XV
>> works fine?  Could you try the patch at
>> http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/agp-i945-4.diff instead?  There were
>
> RELENG_6:
> http://marcus.grupos.com.br:8080/patch/agp_i810.c.patch

Eric, Marcus,

I tested Marcus's patch but problem still exists. Without loading
acpi_video mouse pointer doesn't move or moves very lately/slowly.
I can see highlighted applets in gnome panel. But pointer is still in
the middle. But mplayer can use -vo xv for full screen playing.
With acpi_video mplayer can only use "sdl" for full screen playing.

I tried to apply Eric's patch but it didn't apply cleanly. I compared
Marcus's and Eric's patch and it seemed to me almost the same.
So after testing marcus's patch problem still exists.

thanks,

Ganbold