ppp redial unsuccessful

cpghost cpghost at cordula.ws
Wed Oct 4 21:24:10 UTC 2006

On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 03:37:37PM -0400, Nick Gustas wrote:

> >>Have you added this to /etc/rc.conf?
> >>
> >>ppp_mode="ddial"
> >>

> >Yes of course, as you can see, ppp(8) is not exiting, but entering an
> >redial endless loop ...
> >
> Not that it helps you much, but I do see working pppoe redial behavior
> with Yahoo/AT&T dsl at a client site in the US. I can unhook the dsl
> line and it will autoreconnect as soon as it's plugged in again. In the
> event of a provider outage it comes back up on its own. The current ppp
> session has been running for 59 days, longest session was 353 days, but
> the server had to be moved for remodeling.

Same here. I've got some 6.1-STABLE boxes running since 70 days
uninterrupted on german T-Com ADSL (PPPoE). ppp redials automatically
without any problems there.

The question is: did something change in the source of ppp or ng_pppoe
in the mean time to cause breakage? I have currently no *physical*
access to a fresh box on T-Com to confirm that previously working setup
is now broken.

> ppp commandline:
> /usr/sbin/ppp -quiet -ddial -nat papchap

Regards,
-cpghost.

--
Cordula's Web. http://www.cordula.ws/