ffs snapshot lockup

Vivek Khera vivek at khera.org
Wed Oct 4 13:57:06 UTC 2006

On Oct 3, 2006, at 4:43 AM, Kostik Belousov wrote:

>> Details are posted at http://vivek.khera.org/scratch/crashlogs/
>>
>> I have the crashdumps available to a kernel hacker upon request (i'd
>> rather not make them generally available to the public...)
>>
> It seems that you have snapshotted fs exported by nfsd ? At least,
> 18a is
> definitely the case. I have the patch (for current) that shall fix
> the issue.
> In fact, you need two patches:

So last night I patched my 6.2-PRE and installed the kernel and
rebooted. At 03:09 I got paged that the server was not responding. It
had dropped into the kernel debugger on the console again. Typescript
19 (posted at the above URL) is the output of the debugging commands
for it. These patches did not solve my problem (or maybe I have
multiple problems and they only solved one.)

The only thing I think was running at the time would be a large file
copy from a remote system to this one using rsync.