945GM graphics and mplayer

Ganbold ganbold at micom.mng.net
Sun Oct 1 22:25:20 PDT 2006

Hi,

I have strange problem with my Dell Latitude D620 laptop which has 945GM
chipset and onboard graphic card.
I'm using September 30th RELENG_6.

If I use acpi_video only, mplayer can only use "sdl" video output for
full screen playing.
If I use mnag at FreeBSD.org's i945 graphics support patch without using
acpi_video, mplayer can use other video outputs for full screen playing
but my mouse works in strange way, mouse pointer doesn't move, or moves
very very slowly. I can see mouse goes over gnome applets (highlights)
but I don't see pointer itself is moving.
If I use mnag's patch and acpi_video together mplayer can use only "sdl"
for full screen playing.

Is this strange behavior related to ACPI or something else?

Also when I'm not starting /etc/rc.d/moused before going to X I can't
use mouse in X.
Is this problem related to X or ACPI?

thanks,

Ganbold