Regarding Multiple RAID controller support with FreeBSD 4.11

Bruce Burden brucegb at realtime.net
Mon Nov 27 08:19:01 PST 2006

On Mon, Nov 27, 2006 at 08:07:13PM +0530, V.SriSaiGanesh Venkataramani wrote:

> When i installed the system the root partition's slice was da0s1a. Now
> when i compiled the kernel with the support of LSI SAS driver, and i
> booted it, the LSI card first gets detected and the raw drives
> connected to LSI controller becomes da0, da1. Then my boot 6i gets
> detected and the LUN present in this conroller gets da2.

	You have the ability to specify the bus address in 4.x, I
    believe. There should be examples of it in GENREIC.

	I am not sure, but is ROOTDEVICE still required in 4.x?
    If you have that specified, you can either try to change it to
    da2s1a, or comment it out and see if the kernel still compiles,
    and boots as expected once the controllers are identified.

							Bruce