Proliant ML310 G3 sata raid

J Hendriks hendriks-j at orange.nl
Mon Nov 27 05:16:36 PST 2006

I have a HP proliant ML310 G3 server and try to install FreeBSD 6.2 RC1 on it.
I have enabled the onboard raid controller and created a mirro of 2 disk on it.
Then when it boots it shows one logical drive.
But freebsd does not show me the raid it just shows me both drives (ad4 and ad6)
if i go to fixit then use the livecd and do atacontrol create mirror ad4 ad6 and then do a reload of sysinstall it shows me ar0

is this the way to do it or am i still not using the hardware raid drive!!

regards,
Johan