application hangs in STABLE from time to time

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Thu Nov 23 19:01:16 PST 2006

On Fri, Nov 24, 2006 at 10:02:23AM +0800, Ganbold wrote:

> So do I have interrupt storms here and it is something related to bge?

No, your interrupts look fine.

> What else should I check when application hangs again?

The most important thing to know is what is the application doing when
it hangs.  Unfortunately none of the information you provided shows
this.  Next time use the -o wchan argument to ps to find out what
state the process is blocked in.  You can also use kgdb to find out
where it is waiting in the kernel:

kgdb /dev/mem /boot/kernel/kernel.symbols
info threads
<find the thread corresponding to the process that is blocked>
thread <tid>
bt

Kris