kernel compile fails with error 1

Ron Wingfield Ron.Wingfield at Archaxis.net
Tue Nov 21 11:23:37 PST 2006

Hello All,

(Mr. Schweers, this is not directed to you.)

I'm not offering any comment or suggestion regarding Mr. Schweers problem .
. .but from his previously posted make-output regarding the following, is
the "Stop in" message literally as copied by Mr. Schweers?  If so, then have
the developers sunk to the level that such coded error message reporting
resorts to such offensive language?  I don't want to start a "flammer" here
(I went to college in the sixties) but I've worked as a professional
programmer/analyst/software engineer for thirty years.  I would never code
such language into an error/diagnostic message (regardless of how much I'd
like to).  Such language is sophmoric, and denigrates the reputation of
FreeBSD as a professionally acceptable product . . .or is it possible that
the source code has been hacked or corrupted and is reporting with language
as would be expected from such irresponsible behavior?