adaptec utilities on amd64?

Vivek Khera vivek at khera.org
Fri Nov 17 11:29:47 PST 2006

On Nov 15, 2006, at 7:34 PM, Bruce Burden wrote:

> 	I have a 2230SLP that I will be installing early next week
>    on my AMD64 implementation. I am hoping that the aaccli program
>    in ports will work.

If it has the newer firmware, it will not work with aaccli.  If you
got the card after they switched to the "R" revision, you have the
newer firmware.

Some time long ago, someone posted a very short C program that probes
the LSI controller and spits out this kind of output:

[root at d03]# amrstat
Drive 0:    34.18 GB, RAID1 <writeback,no-read-ahead,no-adaptative-
io> optimal
Drive 1:   102.54 GB, RAID1 <writeback,no-read-ahead,no-adaptative-
io> optimal

This is the kind of output I'd love to get from my adaptec
controllers, too.  This can be trivially scripted and hooked into a
monitoring system like nagios.

The aaccli tool is a curses based app (despite the "cli" in the name)
and scripting it is damn near impossible.  It doesn't even read
commands from stdin!