rc.subr modification: testing and feedback are welcome!

Pietro Cerutti pietro.cerutti at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 11:26:50 PST 2006

On 11/15/06, Ingo <ingom-list at freenet.de> wrote:

> Hello,

> There should be an tiemout so that the system boots even if I forget to
> choose

Yup, great idea. The new patch [attached] permits you to set:

DAEMON_ask_timeout={0-9}[s|m|h]
and
DAEMON_ask_default=[yes|no]

in rc.conf

Default values have been put in rc.subr ("5s" and "yes")

> It should also be possible to use the short form [y/n] while booting in
> addition to yes/no to start the deamon,

This could be done, but at the moment I rely on the checkyesno
subroutine in rc.subr, which only accepts [yes, true, on, 1] and [no,
false, off, 0] in any combination of upper and lower case.

> greetings

Thanks for input, regards

--
Pietro Cerutti