6.1 with PAE on a recent server (HP DL380 G5 or Dell PE 1950) ?

Olivier Mueller om-lists-bsd at omx.ch
Mon Nov 13 10:36:27 PST 2006

Hello,

I will soon get some new servers with more than 4 GB of RAM, and
I am wondering if they will work fine even with the PAE
option activated: are all the required drivers (RAID mfid, bce
on the Dell, ciss0 on the HP) 100% compatible, or should I expect
trouble?

If you have a working "/usr/src/sys/i386/conf/xxxx" with active
PAE on one of these servers, I'd be interested :)

Btw, when will we see these new servers listed under:
http://www.freebsd.org/platforms/amd64/motherboards.html ?
Or should I use send-pr ? :)

Thanks & regards,
Olivier