Downgrade to 5.5

Marko Lerota mlerota at iskon.hr
Thu Nov 9 11:30:47 UTC 2006

Albert Shih <shih at math.jussieu.fr> writes:

>> I tried regularly like it was upgrade but it was downgrade from 6-STABLE
>> to 5.4-RELEASE and it didn't worked.
>
> Event you build on a different server (a server running 5.x) ?

No, on the same. It was disaster. It was in pre production :)
Easier and quicker would be a clean installation. Down time could
be only 30min. With downgrade you only might get in trouble.

> I don't running QUOTA....

FreeBSD was once known for good NFS performance :(
I had to downgrade two clusters with nfs to 5.4 Release

--
One cannot sell the earth upon which the people walk
                               			Tacunka Witco