FreeBSD doesn't boot at Supermicro H8SSL-i2

Ruslan Ermilov ru at FreeBSD.org
Mon Nov 6 13:56:44 UTC 2006

On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 02:45:14PM +0100, Thomas Krause wrote:
> Hello,
> I got a brand new Supermicro H8SSL-i2
> http://www.supermicro.com/Aplus/motherboard/Opteron1000/HT1000/H8SSL-i2.cfm
> but FreeBSD i386 6.2 Beta3 doesn't boot, whether if acpi is enabled or not.
> The latest BIOS is installed. Here is a picture of the boot process with
> verbose logging:
> http://moldau.webmatic.de/h8-boot.jpg

Check that the USB speed setting in the BIOS is set to its defaults,
either HiSpeed or FullSpeed, I don't remember exactly.  If I change
it, it similarly hangs on boot, but I'm using FreeBSD/amd64 on it.

Cheers,
--
Ruslan Ermilov
ru at FreeBSD.org