New em driver - still watchdog timeouts

Patrick M. Hausen hausen at punkt.de
Thu Nov 2 19:12:41 UTC 2006

Hi, Jack!

On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 10:39:16AM -0800, Jack Vogel wrote:

> So why do I say what we see is bogus... because the watchdog is
> firing even though we DON'T have tx hangs or descriptor shortages.
>
> I have a hack that rechecks the number of free descriptors in the
> watchdog code and returns without resetting if we have max free.
>
> I am still trying to figure out how this can happen in the first place
> however, I'd rather do something that didnt feel quite as much a
> hack :)

This is really good news. I'm confident you will come up with
solution. Thanks for all the effort you, Kris and Scott are
putting into this.

Kind regards,
Patrick M. Hausen
Leiter Netzwerke und Sicherheit
--
punkt.de GmbH         Internet - Dienstleistungen - Beratung
Vorholzstr. 25        Tel. 0721 9109 -0 Fax: -100