6.1-R/amd64: PXE boot can't handle .gz mfsroot?

Dmitry Morozovsky marck at rinet.ru
Wed May 10 06:38:17 UTC 2006

On Wed, 10 May 2006, Bj?rn K?nig wrote:

BK> > BK>   cat /tftpdroot/boot/loader.conf
BK> >
BK> > none
BK>
BK> Then loader.conf of your NFS root.

It was original from bootonly CD:

mfsroot_load="YES"
mfsroot_type="mfs_root"
mfsroot_name="/boot/mfsroot"

Then, I has added

console="comconsole"
comconsole_speed="115200"

to simplify debugging.

"Funny. No response" (c) Larry ;-)

Moreover, after loading kernel loader unconditionally switches back to
vidconsole, so the last lines on serial are

/boot/kernel/kernel text=0x5ad998 data=0xc99d8+0x611f8
syms=[0x8+0x91458+0x8+0x7a22e]
\

Then on VGA (I don't know which exactly line is printed after that, but I guess
right after /boot/kernel/kernel) it writes

'Can't work out which disk we are booting from.'

and so on from loader/main.c:extract_currdev()

Sincerely,