SATA Failure Introduced between 6.0 and 6.1-RC1

Jared jared at little-miracles.org
Thu May 4 06:18:17 UTC 2006

Hi -stable!

I'd like to bring something to the attention of -stable that was posted
to -amd64 but has not yet being resolved:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=amd64/95554

I'm unable to test to see if this occurs on i386 aswell so am unsure if
this is the right list to post to. But it appears to me that it would be
something that should be addressed prior to 6.1-RELEASE.

I am experiencing the same problem as described in the original PR, but
with Western Digital hard drives and the latest  BIOS version (1001)
which is known to fix the ACPI DSDT bugs that have plagued these boards.

I have not liased with the mailling lists before if you need any more
information please ask and I'll supply what I can as best I can. But the
original PR is well written.

I will also see if RC-2 resolves this when cvsup has RC2 and I can build
an RC2 world/kernel.

Cheers
and Thanks for a great operating system

Jared