'camcontrol rescan all' does not find the attached tape drive

Adam fbsd at globalmegahost.com
Wed May 3 22:17:16 UTC 2006

On Wed, 3 May 2006, Scott Long wrote:

> Adam wrote:
> > I am pretty much stuck with the asr device for now...
>
> Is there any chance that you could just plug a simple Adaptec 2940 or
> even a low-end TekRam card into an unused slot on your motherboard?

I am moving from a scsi raid disk spool to a sata raid disk spool
solution, so the asr device is on the way out.  I will use a 2940 (or
similar) for the attached tape library.  But I have many machines that use
the asr device for hardware raid management.  The motherboards have a
small form factor pci connector socket[1] for the asr device to upgrade
the onboard scsi controller to a hardware raid solution (the datacenter is
full of these).  Going forward, that hardware will no longer be used for
spooling to tape.

Thanks again for your help.

Adam

1. http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/product/proddetail.html?prodkey=ASR-2015S