SciTE crashes on 6.1-RC

Yousef Raffah yraffah at savola.com
Mon May 1 14:00:28 UTC 2006

Hello,

I just installed SciTE from editors/scite but it never launched while
running it as:

$ SciTE

(SciTE:65834): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: specified class size for type
`Scintilla' is smaller than the parent type's `GtkContainer' class size

(SciTE:65834): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_type_new: assertion
`GTK_TYPE_IS_OBJECT (type)' failed

(SciTE:65834): Gtk-WARNING **: invalid cast from (NULL) pointer to
`(unknown)'

(SciTE:65834): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: specified class size for type
`Scintilla' is smaller than the parent type's `GtkContainer' class size
Segmentation fault: 11 (core dumped)

and of course it created a file named SciTE.core but I don't know what
to do with it!

Can someone shed any light in here please?

--
Sincerely,
Yousef Raffah

Aren't you using Firefox? Get it at http://www.getfirefox.com