GRUB does not boot FreeBSD after installworld ...

Norbert Augenstein norbert at augenstein.net
Wed Mar 29 15:29:23 UTC 2006

HI,

i have updatete to 6.1-PRERELEASE and after the "installworld" step GRUB
is unable to boot FreeBSD.

After i did the installworld and rebooted the GRUB error was:

23 : Error while parsing number

I have reinstalled the standard FreeBSD loader for now.

Booting with a GRUB boot-floppy i am able to start either XP or Linux
but trying to start FreeBSD the system just reboots, no errormessage.

I have already tried to install GRUB to MBR again, but no go, the system
just reboots if i try to start FreeBSD.

Any ideas?