gvinum help

brad miele bmiele at ipnstock.com
Wed Mar 29 11:08:41 UTC 2006

Profuse apologies for any wrong list, missed faqs, etc. But I am looking
for help with using gvinum to set up a raid volume. I have read the
handbook, and I sort of understand how it works, I just cannot seem to
figure out how to "do" it.

My setup is a box running 6.0-RELEASE, I have 1 200G wd drive that I have
set up as the os and I have 6 200G wd drives that I want to combine in a
raid (hopefully 5, but just knowing how to do any would be great).

Any pointers to howto docs ins the form of "first do this, then do
thiis, etc." would be helpful mostly I don't understand ow to prepare the
drives in the array to be used by gvinum. I could probably figure out he
rest on my own given enough time and monkeys.

Thanks,

Brad
Brad Miele
bmiele at ipnstock.com