new sk driver [was: nve timeout (and down) regression?]

JoaoBR joao at matik.com.br
Tue Mar 28 18:39:44 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 28 March 2006 11:38, Pieter de Goeje wrote:

> I can't really tell if the performance is impaired by mpsafenet=0, because
> the box is mostly busy doing userland stuff. Typical traffic looks like
> this:
>

> I'm going to test the new driver to see if I can disable mpsafenet. To be
> specific on the NIC:
>
> skc0 at pci0:10:0: class=0x020000 card=0x811a1043 chip=0x432011ab rev=0x13
> hdr=0x00
>     vendor   = 'Marvell Semiconductor (Was: Galileo Technology Ltd)'
>     device   = '88E8001/8003/8010 Gigabit Ethernet Controller with
> Integrated PHY (copper)'
>     class    = network
>     subclass = ethernet

yes, this is the Asus A8V, same here

may be you consider to try Pyun's driver

 > > http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/sk/sk_test/if_sk.c
 > > http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/sk/sk_test/if_skreg.h

and run yours without mpsafenet ?

I have no clue what a game server requires. I tried anything even generic
kernel and no sysctls/loader.conf values set in order to see if something
else is wrong. Also I have lots of this machines and any of them same result.

João