PCI Radeon 7000/VE (RV100) on AMD64

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Tue Mar 28 07:10:13 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-Mar-28 06:00:23 +1000, Alastair G. Hogge wrote:
>On Tuesday 28 March 2006 04:08, Peter Jeremy wrote:
>> On Mon, 2006-Mar-27 17:58:32 +1000, Alastair G. Hogge wrote:
>> >Having some problem with Xorg-6.9.0 and the radeon or ati driver on mad64
>> >system. X seems to look up at a black screen after setting the resolution
>> > and then resets the computer. I have drm and radeon defined in my kernel
>> > config and I've also added the appropriate lines to xorg.conf
>>
>> How did you build xorg.conf?
><make.conf>

Nope.  /etc/X11/xorg.conf is a file that you must have created.
Did you build it by hand, using "X -configure" or some other way?

BTW, 'SMP' and 'APIC_IO' should be in your kernel config file, not
/etc/make.conf - the kernel should use COPTFLAGS, not CFLAGS in any case.

>> Can you please post dmesg and /var/log/Xorg.0.log without text-filling
>> them.
>I'll try. It might be KMail doing something I don't understand.

The attachments were OK but you missed /var/log/Xorg.0.log - that's
the file that should have any error messages from Xorg.

--
Peter Jeremy