new sk driver [was: nve timeout (and down) regression?]

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Mon Mar 27 18:51:43 UTC 2006

On Mon, Mar 27, 2006 at 12:15:55PM -0300, JoaoBR wrote:
> well, the actual driver is trash and unusable and overall crashes SMP
> systems ... so more testing to see if it crashes more?  ;)

As with any other software development project, you have to draw a line
somewhere and say "these things will be in the release and these things will
not be in the release"; otherwise, you will never have a release at all.

I am not familiar with the code in this case but if its inclusion changed
enough other things in the system where _everything_ had to be re-tested
then it's not worth the regression.

These are just the simple facts of (any) software development.

mcl