ad4: WARNING - SETFEATURES SET TRANSFER MODE taskqueue timeout - on FreeBSD 6-STABLE

Peter van Heusden pvh at wfeet.za.net
Fri Mar 24 07:51:54 UTC 2006

Hi

After my previous email about the SETFEATURES SET TRANSFER MODE timeout
on (msgid 441AA807.5090100 at wfeet.za.net , 17 March 14:18 GMT + 2 on
freebsd-stable), I installed FreeBSD 6.1 BETA 4 and upgraded to a
6-STABLE kernel, running the box in 'safe' mode to do so. I now,
however, get a slightly different error message:

ad4: WARNING - SETFEATURES SET TRANSFER MODE taskqueue timeout -
completing request directly
ad4: WARNING - SETFEATURES SET TRANSFER MODE taskqueue timeout -
completing request directly
ad4: WARNING - SETFEATURES ENABLE RCACHE taskqueue timeout - completing
request directly
ad4: WARNING - SETFEATURES ENABLE RCACHE taskqueue timeout - completing
request directly
ad4: WARNING - SETFEATURES ENABLE WCACHE taskqueue timeout - completing
request directly
ad4: WARNING - SET_MULTI taskqueue timeout - completing request directly
ad4: FAILURE - WRITE_DMA timed out LBA=32804495

(The address after LBA is not always the same)

This is with ad4 as a Seagate ST320423A on a Promise PDC20262 UDMA66
controller.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Peter