Still can't boot on 6.0-STABLE > Nov 2005 or 6.1-BETA

James Seward jamesoff at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 21:51:22 UTC 2006

On 3/15/06, James Seward <jamesoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello folks,
> [booting problems with newer kernels]

Replying to myself in case this is of use to anyone else.

After some tinkering this evening, I had determined that unplugging
all my PATA devices (leaving just the SATA ones, where FreeBSD lives)
allows a normal boot, although this isn't acceptable as I need my DVD
drives.

Disabling APIC in the BOIS with the PATA drives plugged in allows
booting. I tried booting with it enabled and telling FreeBSD not to
use ACPI but that didn't help.

Mark Linimon asked me to check to see if my PR was showing up now and
if not resubmit it, so I shall do that too.

/JMS