ath_hal problems on sparc64

Sam Leffler sam at errno.com
Wed Mar 15 16:55:10 UTC 2006

Sascha Luck wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having some issues with the newly imported ath_hal module on the
> sparc64 architecture:
>
> (/usr/src/sys/modules/ath_hal)
>
> root at serval# make
> Warning: Object directory not changed from original
> /usr/src/sys/modules/ath_hal
> make: don't know how to make
> /usr/src/sys/modules/ath_hal/../../contrib/dev/ath/public/sparc64-elf.hal.o.uu.
> Stop
>
> This file is actually called sparc64-be-elf.hal.o.uu. After copying to
> 'sparc64-elf.hal.o.uu', the module builds cleanly but doesn't load. The
> only error message when trying to load it is:
>
> serval# link_elf: symbol  undefined
>
> Does this mean the uuencoded binary HAL is corrupt?

It means the files.sparc64 rules are botched.  I just committed the
changes to head yesterday but you posted to stable@; what version of the
os are you running?  I will mfc the changes to releng6 as soon as I get
the ok.

FWIW the sparc64 hal has not been tested on freebsd so far as I know.
It is known to work on netbsd and linux and is os-independent but beware...

	Sam